Sunday, November 9, 2008

Obama? That's My Boss.

So, I hated the options we had for presidents this go-round. I do not side with Democrat or Republican, I just follow my conscience. However, it seemed a lot like trying to pick the lesser of two evils, but I wonder if there's ever been another way. Regardless, I support my new President (elect) and hope he will prove he was always the best man for the job. It is amusing, at the very least, to watch the after math of the election, and all the scurrying about and awkward and frequently amusing commentaries running. For example, Siren Magazine had this to say: "Old white men: Palin all but stole the spotlight from John McCain, who is about as sympathetic as a privileged white man can get (war hero, adoptive father of a minority daughter, self-deprecating). And, um, look who just got elected President. Sorry old, white dudes, American isn't so much your bitch anymore." I have to smile at that. I have to smile at the unity, the change, the chance for change, and the hope that this brings. Our country is becoming more open-minded, and that simply can't be a bad thing.

No comments: